How To Rig A Fishing Pole
Before you are able to take your new fishing pole out on the water you first have to learn the proper way to rig it. This process is important because it will help to determine how the bait is attached and how well you will be able to catch the fish with it. Because this is a tricky process you might have to practice it a few times before you are able to get it down.
What You Need
Make sure that you pack up everything that you will need to bring with you to use your fishing pole and to properly rig it for use. You will want to keep everything together and make sure that you have it all before you get to the lake.
- Fishing pole
- Fishing line
- Bait or lures
- Clamp sinkers
- Bobber or floater
What To Do
- The first thing you will need to do is to attach the reel to the fishing pole that you have purchased. Each fishing pole is different so the process is not always the same. Use the instructions that came with your pole to learn the proper way to do this.
- After you have attached the reel you will need to place the line on the reel. To do this you will need to thread it through the eyes that are on the fishing pole. Make sure to tie the line to the reel and wind it with twenty cranks. It might twist so keep an eye out for this. Fill the reel so that it is 1/8 inch from the spool rim.
- There are many different types of bait and lures that you are able to use. You will find these at a bait shop. If you do not know what to get than ask the owner what the best one to use is.
- Attach the clamp sinkers to the line. It is best to place it a foot above the bait.
- If you have the snell hooks than you will need to use a swivel. These hooks have eight inches of line and have a loop that is ready to be attacked to the swivel.
- Next you will need to tie on the bait or lures – but only if you do not have a swivel.
- Now attach the bobber or floater if you think you will need it. This will depend on how deep you would like to fish.